Old 08-06-2009, 10:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Weed Identification

In article ,
Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:

I'm slowly learning to identify the various cichorioid daisies. It was
only last year that I worked out that what I thought was some sort of
hawkweed was in fact catsear. I'm still defeated by the various
hawkweeds/beards/bits, but a lot seem to key out as Crepis.

Sow thistle isn't too difficult to pull up, depending on soil
conditions.

Whatever it is I have combines the evilness of both dandelion and
ground elder, without being as extreme as either.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.