Old 08-06-2009, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default Tomato Ripening.

In message , Malcolm
writes
Gordon H wrote:
Some of mine are now an acceptable size, but no sign of ripening in
the northern climes.
Should I just wait or?...
Last time I grew them ISTR removing them and placing them in a
drawer to ripen, but I think they were beginning to turn red slightly
that time.
I'd appreciate any comments on this?
The plants are on a S facing window ledge, so plenty of light.

Best to wait for them to ripen naturally but this has worked for me at
the end of the season, especially with a banana in the drawer. This
gives off ethylene gas which encourages ripening

Malcolm

That's two votes for a banana, but not yet. :-)
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply