Old 09-06-2009, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Name a rose

In article ,
com says...

"Simon" wrote in message
Hello

I wonder if it is possible to name a rose after my wife? What I am looking
for is one that I can name that will go out to numerous garden centre's
etc and become a "known" variety. I was diagnosed with terminal cancer
last August and wanted to do this before I go, Can anyone here help me, or
is there something similar I can do before too long?

Thank Simon

Thank you everyone for your help and kind words. I will contact David Austin
and see if he can help. I wanted the name Georgina Joy for the rose, not my
nick name for her which is lettuce as she is always in the garden. I think
Georgina Joy may sound better.

Thanks again for all the help xx

I think a nice name like that should get a sympathetic hearing - Good
luck
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk