Old 15-04-2003, 02:44 PM
John A. Stovall

Default Talisman Roses where to find?

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 20:45:27 GMT, "Theo Asir"
wrote:

Here's a list of suppliers for you.

http://www.helpmefind.com/sites/rrr/...e&hdg=Talisman

Just to let you know I do grow this rose in a pot.
It is my one rose with crown gall.
Still puts out wonderfully colorful flowers every year.

I realize the sentimental value but in my experience
this rose is quite fussy about its treatment.

No water for a week often results in
sulking, leaf loss and 2 months to recover.
It is not particularly disease resistant either.
It is one of my roses that seems to prefer a potted life.

If you're gonna plant it at a grave site
is there someone to provide DAILY care.

It is also especially feeble on its own roots.
I know, I tried.

I fear that without attention it will be dead
within the month.

Thanks for the information. It would only get care a few times a year
as the Indian Creek Cemetery is in a very rural area of Central Texas.