Old 10-06-2009, 07:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Philadelphus not flowering

On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 23:57:38 +0100, Lintama
wrote:

Hi and thank you both for your suggestions.

Yes, I pruned the old wood back as per instructions in my RHS book and
that was done in the Spring.

As for bull finches. I do have a bird feeder very near the shrubs which
has nuts in and I do get a lot of finches but sorry to say I don't know
what a bull finch looks like. We have all the other type of finches
though. I didn't know they would go for ther buds of the P. shrub. Will
try moving the feeder.

If you pruned it in Spring, that is the problem. Did the RHS tell you
to do it then? Prune after flowering.

Pam in Bristol