Old 10-06-2009, 03:44 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Not cleaning filters

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 17:50:20 EDT, "JB" wrote:

"Super Media" is your term not the product name, right?

Yes, think I could market bug screening as the best darn filter media as
"little" money can buy? And give it that name? :-)

bug screening, like the stuff you put in screen doors and porches.

That's the stuff.

bear with me. I'm having a dense moment." If it is bug/window screen it would
seem to me to be prone to clogging up.

Not any worst (and less so) than any other media out there. I use it in my
pre-filters, my koi filter I have yet to clean since late last fall. The
majority of the crud seems to stay below it even when water starts to
channel around it.

We should take a poll. All who use bug screening say "I". Here's my *I*, I
know Kathy does, & Jim just said. Who else? ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us