Old 11-06-2009, 02:47 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
JB[_1_] JB[_1_] is offline

Default Not cleaning filters

Dog fire! I've got a roll of that stuff in one of my storage rooms. The
previous owner of the home we purchased had replaced the screen on the back
porch and doors before we bought this home back in 2004. Been right under my
nose all along.

Who said news groups were a waste of time. ;-)

Owe you one.

Thanks!

JB

"~ jan" wrote in message
On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 17:50:20 EDT, "JB" wrote:

"Super Media" is your term not the product name, right?

Yes, think I could market bug screening as the best darn filter media as
"little" money can buy? And give it that name? :-)

bug screening, like the stuff you put in screen doors and porches.

That's the stuff.

bear with me. I'm having a dense moment." If it is bug/window screen it
would
seem to me to be prone to clogging up.

Not any worst (and less so) than any other media out there. I use it in my
pre-filters, my koi filter I have yet to clean since late last fall. The
majority of the crud seems to stay below it even when water starts to
channel around it.

We should take a poll. All who use bug screening say "I". Here's my *I*, I
know Kathy does, & Jim just said. Who else? ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us