Old 11-06-2009, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Trouble with Cordyline australis

"GardenReg" wrote...

I have 4 Cordyline australis in my garden. We live in south west
scotland and they have withstood the 2 winters we have been here ok. I
believe they are around 10 years old. Over the last couple of months
each tree has sprouted an inner almost foliage/seed growth. All the
leaves which were a rich green before are now starting to yellow and
look distressed, Should I cut away the inner growth. It is totally
different from the leaves and looks very healthy, but I very much dont
want to lose the beautiful spikey leaves of the palms. Photo attached.

We have never had a problem with ours and they flower profusely every year.
Dead and yellowing leaves are falling off now but they are also putting on
new growth.The one I can see from here has 6 flower spikes on this side
alone.
Are you sure they survived this last winter?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden