Old 11-06-2009, 03:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Trouble with Cordyline australis

GardenReg wrote:
I have 4 Cordyline australis in my garden. We live in south west
scotland and they have withstood the 2 winters we have been here ok. I
believe they are around 10 years old. Over the last couple of months
each tree has sprouted an inner almost foliage/seed growth. All the
leaves which were a rich green before are now starting to yellow and
look distressed, Should I cut away the inner growth. It is totally
different from the leaves and looks very healthy, but I very much dont
want to lose the beautiful spikey leaves of the palms. Photo attached.

That is a flower spike. They usually take about 8 - 10 years to produce the
first one. Have you fed it?
--
Pete C
London UK