Old 11-06-2009, 11:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Poppy seeds

On 2009-06-11 23:08:05 +0100, "Kathy" said:

"Judith in France" wrote in message
On Jun 10, 4:10 pm, "Kathy" wrote:
The cliff gardens in town have some wonderful poppies growing in them -
frilled, various shades for mauve and so on. Unfortunately, the council is
in the process of "formalising" the gardens, and are about to rip them all
out! If I go and take some seed pods now, while they are still green, will
the seed ripen?

--
Kathy

It's pointless to try and discuss ethics with a spider.

Kathy, I have 2 types of poppy; 1 looks a bit like the opium poppy,
beautiful full red flower. If you like I can save you some seeds and
send them to you? Email me if you like.

Thanks Judith, I have deep red ones already. Curtsey of bird seed, I think,
as I certainly didn't plant them. They look so good that it has sparked my
interest in the varieties down in the cliff gardens.

Some of ours which were the pink ruffled ones have been re-born as
single flowered mauve poppies. If you'd like some seed email me at the
Nursery and I'll try to grab some before it disperses itself.
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon