Old 12-06-2009, 06:36 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Detergent for New Washing Machine?

atec 7 7" "atec 77 wrote:
P Habel wrote:
We need to replace our washing machine.

One machine that looks promising seems to require "front loading"
washing machine detergent so that the clothes aren't left covered
with a white residue. We have been using some of the
environmentally friendly powders in our old machine, putting the
grey water on our Canberra garden. Are there any detergents out
there that are less prone to leaving residue but still fine for
garden use? What should we be looking for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Philip

Low phosorus I expect , we use the Aldi product with resulting clean
cloths and the law survives .

Low sodium would be more important to me.

David