Old 13-06-2009, 01:45 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steve[_23_] Steve[_23_] is offline

Default Jug of weed and feed has solidified rock-hard on the bottom - is it still good?

Lawn Guy wrote:
I've got 3 or 4 of those 1-gallon jugs of weed and feed (the kind
hose-end sprayer kind of jug) that I bought last fall. I notice that a
white crystalline residue has precipitated out and formed a layer about
an inch thick on the bottom of the jug. It's almost rock-hard. The
jugs have been stored in my garage, but the temp in my garage doesn't go
below 45f in the winter.

I don't know if this precipitation started before or after I bought
them.

At any rate, has this weed'n'feed product gone bad, or is it just a
matter of mixing / pulverizing the precipitate back into solution to
restore it's applicability?

That might work, be sure to shield yourself from the splash while you're
mixing it, especially your eyes.

It won't hurt anything anymore than usual unless you over apply it and it
serves the 'what do I do with it now' question too. Use it up after you mix
it up, carefully..

ps, try it on a test area out back behind the shed first, wait two weeks
and then proceed accordingly.