Old 15-04-2003, 04:08 PM
Radika Kesavan

Default Mr. Lincoln???

dave weil wrote:
On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 07:44:24 -0700, Radika Kesavan
wrote:

I would say with 95% certainty that it does not look like Mister
Lincoln, but resembles Mister Lincoln's seed parent Chrysler Imperial
much more closely (at least the way CI looks out here).

Check out the picture marked as from Robin's Garden in HMF, that is the
ninth one, if you count top to bottom and left to right on HMF:
http://www.helpmefind.com/sites/rrr/pl.php?n=1175

These don't seem to have any purple tinges either.

Really? They do on my monitor. And they do in my real life ;-).

I wish I could have seen bloom development. It's hard to tell since
this bloom is in such an advanced stage. I have a new bud so I should
be able to follow it in the coming weeks (and it looks like a normal
"dark red" color at this point).

Yes, that fits with CI, would fit also with ML. Only even the blueing
Mister Lincoln is redder than the bloom you show in your picture.

The only doubt in my mind is petal count. CI has more petals than what I
see in that picture of your rose, but I am not sure if it is not an
illusion on account of your picture showing the more open blossom. So,
how about it - what is the petal count on your reddish purple rose?

It's really hard to say as it's about ready to drop its petals and
they are very loose and floppy. I suppose I can gather them up as they
fall off though g.

LOL! Would be very accurate if you did.

My estimate would be somewhere around 30-35.

Interesting, that is more than what I was guessing at from the picture.

--
Radika
California