Old 13-06-2009, 07:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
aquachimp aquachimp is offline

Default Digging a fence panel post hole

On Jun 8, 9:08*pm, "mo" wrote:
Posts delivered today, they are massive.

I think I will go for some sort of electric or motor powered digger because
manually digging the holes plus geeting the posts in will near on kill me..

Yep, 9' concrete posts are heavy.

BTW,

You'll need a string line long enough for a double line. 1 just above
the ground, the other around eye level, or just above (not below)
This help to speed up the checking on the leaning, in or out.

A spirit level

A crow-bar can be very useful

A measuring tape, to mark off depth on the posts level to the top of
the gravel board, unless the posts come with very handy marking

A wheel barrow can be handy too for either mixing the mix, or just
carting away the excess soil.