Old 15-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Larry Blanchard

Default Unbelievable Spinach!

In article ,
says...
Here in Z5 (Central IL), we planted some spinach late last fall hoping to
get a couple of pickings before it turned bad. Well, the stuff didn't even
get big enough to pick so we just left it. Even with temps below zero
several times this winter, the darned stuff started growing again once it
started warming up. Hubby picked some last night and we had it for dinner.
Couldn't even tell it had just sat there all winter long..
Cheryl

Same here (also zone 5). Just had our first spinach salad.

For the poster who wondered about variety, I don't think it makes a lot
of difference. I had Space and Tyee planted. Some varieties are
advertised as good for overwintering - check out Bountiful Gardens
website and others.

--
To announce that there must be no criticism of the president or that we
are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic