Old 15-06-2009, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] tinnews@isbd.co.uk is offline

Default Strimming close to wire netting - any ways to make it easy?

We have lots of rabbits and thus lots of wire netting fences to keep
the rabbits off our vegetables and other vulnerable areas.

While to some extent undergrowth at the base of the fence helps it to
be rabbit-proof it is necessary to clear vegetation to check the
condition of the fence and to prevent the fence from being totally
engulfed in greenery.

Strimmers and wire fences really don't mix, my big strimmer tears the
fence to pieces if I touch it, my small strimmer doesn't damage the
fence so much but the fence doesn't do the strimmer much good.

What do others here do to deal with this problem?

--
Chris Green