Old 15-06-2009, 08:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Al[_4_] Al[_4_] is offline

Default Burrowing mice!

OK, so what sort of mice burrow around like a mole undermining plants,
paths etc and eat redcurrants, pea seeds, bean seeds, chew spuds.....
and won't touch normal (peanut flavoured) rodent bait?

Rats. I thought we had a new type of burrowing mouse until I caught one. It
was a young rat.

OT: Opened up the bonnet of the largely unused car in my garage today to
find a mouses nest between the bonnet and the soundproofing layer. More
annoyingly, it/they seem to have nibbles some wires because some of the
lights no longer work (they were fine a month ago when I last used the
car). Grrr.

Al.