Old 15-06-2009, 05:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Burrowing mice!

OK, so what sort of mice burrow around like a mole undermining plants, paths
etc and eat redcurrants, pea seeds, bean seeds, chew spuds..... and won't
touch normal (peanut flavoured) rodent bait?

Yet another pest on the allotment !! A cross between a mole and a mouse
perhaps !

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 15-06-2009, 08:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

OK, so what sort of mice burrow around like a mole undermining plants,
paths etc and eat redcurrants, pea seeds, bean seeds, chew spuds.....
and won't touch normal (peanut flavoured) rodent bait?

Rats. I thought we had a new type of burrowing mouse until I caught one. It
was a young rat.

OT: Opened up the bonnet of the largely unused car in my garage today to
find a mouses nest between the bonnet and the soundproofing layer. More
annoyingly, it/they seem to have nibbles some wires because some of the
lights no longer work (they were fine a month ago when I last used the
car). Grrr.

Al.

Old 16-06-2009, 01:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Al" wrote
OK, so what sort of mice burrow around like a mole undermining plants,
paths etc and eat redcurrants, pea seeds, bean seeds, chew spuds.....
and won't touch normal (peanut flavoured) rodent bait?

Rats. I thought we had a new type of burrowing mouse until I caught one.
It
was a young rat.

OT: Opened up the bonnet of the largely unused car in my garage today to
find a mouses nest between the bonnet and the soundproofing layer. More
annoyingly, it/they seem to have nibbles some wires because some of the
lights no longer work (they were fine a month ago when I last used the
car). Grrr.

We have had rats before and got rid of them and the holes we seen now are
smaller than those of the rats. They are also all over the allotment just
like moles, water plants and they disappear down a hole, next time other
plants etc....

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 16-06-2009, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Bob Hobden
writes

"Al" wrote
[...]

Field voles?
--
Gopher .... I know my place!

Mice blasted mice Broadback[_2_] United Kingdom 42 22-12-2009 07:06 PM
Pond Turtle Burrowing, Pictures, not sure if laying Eggs bbrown9506 Ponds 2 27-08-2005 08:35 AM
Pond Turtle Burrowing, Pictures, not sure if laying Eggs bbrown9506 Ponds (alternative) 0 27-08-2005 06:48 AM
burrowing animal mobiledan Texas 4 11-08-2004 06:32 PM
Burrowing frogs? Tumbleweed United Kingdom 2 29-09-2002 09:28 PM