Old 24-02-2003, 04:15 PM
Vox Humana

Default Zoysia grass

"Ablang" wrote in message
Anyone heard of it? Is it worth buying (better than sod)?

Over rated for cold climate areas where it looks bad most of the year. As
stated, plugs take a long time to establish, so your yard looks bad for a
long time. It can be hard to mow if it gets long. It does have some insect
pests. I would say that if it isn't common in your area, there is a reason.
I grew up in a home with zoysia (zone 5b) and I wouldn't recommend it. My
parents finally had it removed and started over. If you do a google search
of this newsgroup, you will find several discussions that should lay out the
pros and cons of zoysia grass.