Old 17-06-2009, 04:41 AM posted to rec.gardens
Stephen Henning Stephen Henning is offline

Default Black Walnut Growth Rate Issues...

In article ,
enigma wrote:

We have black walnuts growing in our yard that squirrels plant.
They seem to be 3 foot tall before we see them to pull them out.
If growing in a suitable location, they should grow fairly
quickly. I cut one down yesterday that was over 40' tall and it
was about 30 years old.

did you sell it for lumber?

No, not yet, interested?

I have a basement full of black walnut lumber. Wood stores like the
high prices of walnut and aren't interested in buying it cheaper. Their
markup is less then. I know, I tried to sell them some. No interest.
--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://rhodyman.net/rahome.html