Old 17-06-2009, 01:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
enigma enigma is offline

Default Black Walnut Growth Rate Issues...

Stephen Henning wrote in
news
No, not yet, interested?

maybe. my black walnut needs another 10 years or so before it's
ready.

I have a basement full of black walnut lumber. Wood stores like
the high prices of walnut and aren't interested in buying it
cheaper. Their markup is less then. I know, I tried to sell
them some. No interest.

yeah, i sell to a couple different local lumber yards, but i mostly
am selling pine, ash, cherry & maple. i have several really nice
veneer quality maples coming along, carefully marked so they don't
get tapped for syrup & ruin them.
how do you dry lumber so it doesn't check? i have some bits around
i'd like to dry to use for bowls & utensils, but i haven't got the
drying thing figured out...
lee