Old 17-06-2009, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Umbrella Plant

--
..
"'Mike'" wrote in message
One of my daughters has just telephoned to say her plant is losing leaves
from the top.

Any ideas?

Mike

--
.

OK Folks, thanks for your help. We have found the following by Googling and
reading a vast library of Gardening Books

""It could be the plant has spider mites. Schefflera are subject to them. A
good insecticidal soap on the backside of leaves should do the trick for
them. Also, do not let your plant sit in water. If possible water your plant
and let the water drain out, then place it back into its saucer. Oh, this is
a sun loving plant.... good luck.""

Will email this to our daughter.

Thanks again

Mike