Old 18-06-2009, 04:49 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible

Default Germination

SteveB wrote:
I planted seeds about a week ago, and today I noticed quite a few
sprouts from some of the rows and zero on the others. I know seeds
germinate at different rates, but when is it time to think that they
just didn't germinate or sprout? I know many factors can affect
germination. Water, temperature, depth. I did get quite a lot of
sprouts, and even if half what I planted in seeds and live plants
matures, I'll have plenty to do.
Next year, hope to have a greenhouse built, and do from seeds with an
earlier start.

Steve

Some things normally take several weeks, don't give up for at least a month.
Keep them damp - not wet and warm not hot.

David