Old 15-04-2003, 06:56 PM
Unique Too

Default Mr. Lincoln???

So, you guys know that I picked up a "Mr. Lincoln". However, I have to
wonder if it really *is* Mr. Lincoln.

I thought that Mr. Lincoln was a pure, deep red. However, this very
big, "smelly" g bloom has a lot of purple in it (at least it seems
that way to me).

Did I read correctly, this flower was already open when you bought the rose?
Could be the rose was not subjected to much sunlight before you brought it
home. I remember Diann Giles telling me thay always picked off the buds before
they shipped roses because after a few days in a box the bloom color wouldn't
always be true. People would judge the plant by the first blooms and think
they had a mislabled plant.
Wait for the next bloom or two before you decide if it's really Mr. L.