Old 18-06-2009, 04:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default something nice to cover a big shed please

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 12:55:18 +0100, luckyrid
wrote:

Hi there, first post here.... I've just had a new shed dlivered and it
looks far bigger than in the picture.

I need something to grow up the side and disguise it. Only trouble is
my shed is by a very large sycamore tree that I'm presuming sucks all
the good stuff out of the soil as its all a bit dry and dusty there.

Any suggestions other than russian vine?

Thanks all!

I would go for clematis armandii. It is evergreen and once
established it will grow fast, with white flowers in spring.
To help anything establish there can you dig a big hole and fill it
with good compost and plenty of humus.

Pam in Bristol