Old 19-06-2009, 08:20 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
John Corliss John Corliss is offline

Default Any way to deal with a salted yard?

Neighbor were a group of college kids who partied until five A.M. three
nights out of the week. I pleaded wit them to stop keeping me awake, but
they didn't listen. Finally, in desperation I informed the police about
what was going on. The partying stopped, but my lawn got salted and
although there are no totally bald spots, almost all of my shrubbery is
yellowing at the base and my grass is very thin. Is there any way to
neutralize the salt?

TIA

P.S. the college kids have moved away now that school is over for the
year. I'll get a new batch soon, but I've talked to the property
managers. They agreed that the best plan is to include a clause in the
lease agreement that disturbing the peace will not be tolerated, and
that immediate eviction (within the legal limits, of course) along with
a forfeiture of all deposits. This is becoming very commonplace where I
live.

But remember, the main topic of this message isn't the trouble with the
kids, but rather how can I repair the damage they did to my lawn by
salting it.

--
John Corliss