Old 20-06-2009, 12:28 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Thos Thos is offline

Default Seeds...

There has been so much talk about where to get good seeds, what not to buy,
etc....Is there some rule against us starting our own little seed exchange
within the group? I grow only non-hybrid varieties and seed that I harvest
from my own garden.
Any thoughts? I'm in Texas and would love to try some tomatoes from the UK,
Europe, or anywhere else frankly outside the U.S.. Several years ago the
wife and I brought back some roma tomato seeds from New Zealand and those
babies were huge! Should have saved some of those seeds for sure. In
addition, I have 3 bay trees, two of which are over 15 feet tall, and one
that is about 8 feet. The largest has a base trunk caliper of well over 12
inches. HUNDREDS of bay leaves! Anyone need fresh bay leaves? Let's chat
about it. I'm sure that the inevitable "seed police" will pop up and argue
about some law or something that should prohibit this behavior, but
really.....they're seeds, and we're gardeners. Not like we're a group of
veggie te**orists!