Old 20-06-2009, 02:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Dioclese Dioclese is offline

Default Deer resistant vegetables?

"Ernie Willson" wrote in message
I live in New Jersey and have learned what flowers and shrubs deer will
decimate. By painful experience I now know what to plant for
foliage/flowers in the yard.

I am getting into growing vegetables. I would like to know what vegetables
they eat and do not eat.

I have noticed that thy will not eat my Asparagus.

Any suggestions for veggies they will/will not eat?

thanks,

EJ in NJ

Depending on the rainfall, and the local availability of native foliage,
white-tailed deer will eat anything if times are tough enough. An adequate
height fence around the garden is needed to stop their normal browsing
within a garden. They may take exception to medium-sized dogs or bigger if
close enough to the garden.
--
Dave