Old 21-06-2009, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default ATCO Viscount

"Adders21" wrote in
message
...-

Hi All,

I inherited an ATCO Viscount petrol mower.
I have used it for about a year with no problems. Yesterday
I ws
cutting the grass when it suddenley stopped. No noise or
drama it
just
stopped. I checked the fuel which was fine. I tried pulling
the
starter
cord but it would not pull. I checked the oil which was low
but
covered
the end of the dip stick by about 5mm.

I let it cool down over night and tried again this morning
but it's
still the same.
Any suggestions?

Does this machine have an engine/blade safety brake? If so I
would think the cable that contols that may have broken or become
disconnected.

Mike