Old 15-04-2003, 08:56 PM
dave weil

Default Mr. Lincoln???

On 15 Apr 2003 17:53:45 GMT, (Unique Too) wrote:

So, you guys know that I picked up a "Mr. Lincoln". However, I have to
wonder if it really *is* Mr. Lincoln.

I thought that Mr. Lincoln was a pure, deep red. However, this very
big, "smelly" g bloom has a lot of purple in it (at least it seems
that way to me).

Did I read correctly, this flower was already open when you bought the rose?

Yes.

Could be the rose was not subjected to much sunlight before you brought it
home. I remember Diann Giles telling me thay always picked off the buds before
they shipped roses because after a few days in a box the bloom color wouldn't
always be true. People would judge the plant by the first blooms and think
they had a mislabled plant.

That could be. However, Shiva says that this is typical for Mr.
Lincoln anyway...

Wait for the next bloom or two before you decide if it's really Mr. L.

Yeah, I'll probably do that!

Thanks!