Old 22-06-2009, 04:16 PM
Freedom_Spark Freedom_Spark is offline
Registered User

Default Tomato question - feeding & numbers of trusses

Hi everyone, I've got such helpful advice on this site recently & I'm back for more. Like I said before I'm a complete novice! I have quite alot of tomato plants growing in my greenhouse this year, about eight 'hundreds and thousands' a small cherry variety, I've also got about six plants which produce large tomatoes, I can't remember the varieties off hand. Any way, the two largest plants which I started earlier now have about four trusses on them, any information I've read on feeding them suggest to begin when 'the first truss has set in' which I had taken to mean when fruit begins to emerge from the flowers, I'm now starting to think I should have been feeding them earlier? I also read that four trusses is really enough for any plant & that the energy should now be expended into producing fruit. Is this true, should I prevent any further trusses forming, if so how?