Old 22-06-2009, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
moghouse moghouse is offline

Default Any Walnutters out there?

When I left my last house one of the neighbours was so glad to see me
go that he gave me a seedling walnut tree.It was a little chap about
six inches high. Now it has grown a bit (about 30 feet) and is covered
in walnuts. What I would like to know is how to get the nuts from
little gree plums on the tree to ripe walnuts that we can eat.

In the last two years they have all disappeared somewhere between the
two events! Do I blame my little "friends" the grey squirrels again?