Old 22-06-2009, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Fuschia[_3_] Fuschia[_3_] is offline

Default Hozelock irrigation systems

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 17:29:32 +0100, Stephen
wrote:

Hello,

Can anyone tell me more about the Hozelock irrigation products? I have
seen the components on their web site, but could not find the
information I required about connecting them together to make a
working system.

I see that there are 13mm and 4mm pipes. Is 13mm more or less hosepipe
size? How flexible is it to run where you want? How does it connect to
a tap? Is an adaptor supplied?

It looks as though you are supposed to run a 13mm manifold and use the
4mm pipe for short lengths from the 13mm pipe to the drippers. Is that
right?

Is there a limit to what length of 13mm pipe you can use?

Is there a limit to what length of 4mm pipe you can use?

Is there a limit to the number of drippers you can attach to a 13mm
pipe?

Is there a limit to the number of drippers you can attach to a 4mm
pipe? Or is it intended to use one dripper per 4mm pipe?

I was hoping to use 4mm pipe because I thought it would be more
discrete but I ma not sure if I can use a large length or connect more
than one dripper to it.

You can see all the components on display at any good garden centre
and read the instructions on the packaging. You might even be able to
find an assistant there who can answer your questions.