Old 22-06-2009, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hozelock irrigation systems

Hello,

Can anyone tell me more about the Hozelock irrigation products? I have
seen the components on their web site, but could not find the
information I required about connecting them together to make a
working system.

I see that there are 13mm and 4mm pipes. Is 13mm more or less hosepipe
size? How flexible is it to run where you want? How does it connect to
a tap? Is an adaptor supplied?

It looks as though you are supposed to run a 13mm manifold and use the
4mm pipe for short lengths from the 13mm pipe to the drippers. Is that
right?

Is there a limit to what length of 13mm pipe you can use?

Is there a limit to what length of 4mm pipe you can use?

Is there a limit to the number of drippers you can attach to a 13mm
pipe?

Is there a limit to the number of drippers you can attach to a 4mm
pipe? Or is it intended to use one dripper per 4mm pipe?

I was hoping to use 4mm pipe because I thought it would be more
discrete but I ma not sure if I can use a large length or connect more
than one dripper to it.

Thanks,
Stephen.
Old 22-06-2009, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 17:29:32 +0100, Stephen
wrote:

[...]

You can see all the components on display at any good garden centre
and read the instructions on the packaging. You might even be able to
find an assistant there who can answer your questions.
Old 22-06-2009, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 17:29:32 +0100, Stephen wrote:

I see that there are 13mm and 4mm pipes. Is 13mm more or less hosepipe
size?

Yes. Half an inch, more-or-less

How flexible is it to run where you want? How does it connect to a
tap? Is an adaptor supplied?

My system used a timer (13mm) and from there everything was done in 4mm,
which, I think, answers all your other questions.

It looks as though you are supposed to run a 13mm manifold and use the
4mm pipe for short lengths from the 13mm pipe to the drippers. Is that
right?

No.

Is there a limit to what length of 13mm pipe you can use?

Not within the size of most gardens!

Is there a limit to what length of 4mm pipe you can use?

Not that I'm aware of

Is there a limit to the number of drippers you can attach to a 13mm
pipe?

Depends on your water pressure, but a heck of a lot normally

Is there a limit to the number of drippers you can attach to a 4mm pipe?

See above
Or is it intended to use one dripper per 4mm pipe?

God no.

I was hoping to use 4mm pipe because I thought it would be more discrete
but I ma not sure if I can use a large length or connect more than one
dripper to it.

I did and it worked fine. Loads of troughs, hanging baskets, tubs and
three large Lupulus humulus aureus planted in the patio all being fed by
one 4mm pipe.
Old 22-06-2009, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 17:29:32 +0100, Stephen wrote:

My answers appear to differ from Dereks, it appears there may be several
ways of doing it...

I see that there are 13mm and 4mm pipes. Is 13mm more or less hosepipe
size? How flexible is it to run where you want? How does it connect to
a tap? Is an adaptor supplied?

The pressure reducer connects to the tap, or to a timer, mine is connected
as:

Timer---Normal hozepipe--pressure reducer--black 13mm pipe split via T
junction to two lengths, 4mm from these

The normal hozepipe extends the tap to where I need it.

Is there a limit to what length of 13mm pipe you can use?

I hope not, mine is getting very long!

Is there a limit to what length of 4mm pipe you can use?

Havn't seen any problems

Is there a limit to the number of drippers you can attach to a 13mm
pipe?

The drippers only attach to 4mm

Is there a limit to the number of drippers you can attach to a 4mm
pipe? Or is it intended to use one dripper per 4mm pipe?

Inline, I guess quite a few could be used, but most kits come with quite a
lot of end of line

I was hoping to use 4mm pipe because I thought it would be more
discrete but I ma not sure if I can use a large length or connect more
than one dripper to it.

13mm seems to hide well, I guess it really depends on how long your system
is.

The bigger question is if the cheapo ebay stuff is compatible with the
hozelock. The hozelock ones are not at all cheap!

Steve
Old 22-06-2009, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 20:10:00 +0100, Steve wrote:

My answers appear to differ from Dereks, it appears there may be several
ways of doing it...

Not 100% sure my 4mm stuff is hozelock - some German name? I really can't
remember! The timer connected direct to the tap and the pressure reducer
direct to that: the output was 4mm.

Old 23-06-2009, 01:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-06-22 17:29:32 +0100, Stephen said:

Can anyone tell me more about the Hozelock irrigation products? I have
seen the components on their web site, but could not find the
information I required about connecting them together to make a
working system. (snip)

http://www.hozelock.com/uploads/pdf/...let-pages1.pdf

micro-irrigation systems Taz United Kingdom 7 03-07-2007 05:38 PM
Irrigation systems - Poland AKANT-OGRODY akant Ponds (alternative) 0 26-03-2006 09:05 AM
New Website : MODERNIZATION OF IRRIGATION SYSTEMS Jarut Nakaramaleerat sci.agriculture 0 26-04-2003 12:30 PM
Irrigation systems Barry Orchids 1 25-03-2003 02:56 AM
New Website : MODERNIZATION OF IRRIGATION SYSTEMS Jarut Nakaramaleerat sci.agriculture 0 17-03-2003 01:20 AM