Old 22-06-2009, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steve[_21_] Steve[_21_] is offline

Default Hozelock irrigation systems

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 17:29:32 +0100, Stephen wrote:

My answers appear to differ from Dereks, it appears there may be several
ways of doing it...

I see that there are 13mm and 4mm pipes. Is 13mm more or less hosepipe
size? How flexible is it to run where you want? How does it connect to
a tap? Is an adaptor supplied?

The pressure reducer connects to the tap, or to a timer, mine is connected
as:

Timer---Normal hozepipe--pressure reducer--black 13mm pipe split via T
junction to two lengths, 4mm from these

The normal hozepipe extends the tap to where I need it.

Is there a limit to what length of 13mm pipe you can use?

I hope not, mine is getting very long!

Is there a limit to what length of 4mm pipe you can use?

Havn't seen any problems

Is there a limit to the number of drippers you can attach to a 13mm
pipe?

The drippers only attach to 4mm

Is there a limit to the number of drippers you can attach to a 4mm
pipe? Or is it intended to use one dripper per 4mm pipe?

Inline, I guess quite a few could be used, but most kits come with quite a
lot of end of line

I was hoping to use 4mm pipe because I thought it would be more
discrete but I ma not sure if I can use a large length or connect more
than one dripper to it.

13mm seems to hide well, I guess it really depends on how long your system
is.

The bigger question is if the cheapo ebay stuff is compatible with the
hozelock. The hozelock ones are not at all cheap!

Steve