Old 22-06-2009, 09:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Beginner gardener with clematis queries...help!

"Rebecca" wrote in message
Hi,

Im hoping someone can advise me on my 2 issues.

Clematis Queries... wouldn't that be a gay veneral disease?

I have 2 clemtises
(?!).

1. Montana has been planted about 4 years. Looks healthy and finished
flowering about 3 weeks ago. Saying that, I think it has developed
some new growth in last week. Should I leave it? Also, I have never
cut it back thogh so I wondering when I can do that, and if so, how
brutally?

2. Other clematis, type unknown, has loads of new growth and likely
to start flowering in next week. I have seen though it is covered in
black fly. I have never come across this before (you can tell I am a
new gardener!). I assume I have to treat it. How is best to deal with
it?

Your thoughts, tips and advice wd be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Rebecca