Old 15-04-2003, 09:32 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Attending Conventions

You mean it cost the "public" MONEY to get into an area where
they were expected to spend more money?

Sounds a bit tacky to me.

No no! The $5 is to see the display of bonsai; after you see

them,
the vending area is a free bonus. At least, that is how one

should
think of it.

Well, if one of the intents of having the display, etc. is to
lure people into this sport, it still seems less than enticing to
make people pay for the privilege. Gosh, charging full
convention attendees an extra buck or two, then making the
display and vendor area "free" ought to have been sufficient. If
I've thought for years about maybe doing a bonsai someday I'd be
a bit put off about having to pay to be inspired just as I was
about to take that big leap.

Well, 'twasn't my show.

Oh! The FREE Tallahassee Bonsai Society show will be Saturday,
April 26 and 27 in the Lemoyne Art Gallery Garden, 125 N. Gadsden
Street, Tallahassee, FL. All day Saturday, Sunday afternoon.

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++