Old 24-06-2009, 11:00 AM posted to rec.gardens
starrysmile starrysmile is offline

Default Pests on cleome

On Jun 23, 8:33*pm, starrysmile wrote:
Last year my cleome were infested with some kind of black and yellow
beetle in late summer so I pulled them up and got rid of them. *This
year their seeds sprouted some nice looking plants, but I've
discovered green worms on the lower leaves and they are skeletonizing
the leaves. *Are these worms larvae of those black and yellow
beetles? *How do I get rid of these pests? *TIA.

Okay, I found out that the beetles are probably harlequin beetles. I
still don't know what the greern worms are. Nevertheless, I'm going
to spray them with something because they are working fast to kill my
plant.