Old 24-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Bigal Bigal is offline
Registered User

Some tomato plants just keep on growing - gardeners delight sems to be one of those. I grow on for 10 or 11 trusses. My brother advocated that if you wanted tomatoes at the end of the season you planted some more seeds a couple of months later, but with gardeners delight you don't have to do that. The beef tomatoes that I tried in the past never got more that three trusses anyway and you seemed to be forever waiting for them to develop. It is strange how peples tastes are so different. My mother never liked gardeners delight - they were too small and fiddly. She liked something a little bit bigger but she was never happy with the taste (not like they used to be). Personally I prefer the taste to the size. My friends prefer the big ones - one slice fills a sandwich - , Of course there are no little bit to fall out. I start feeding as soon as the first flowers form. Keep experimenting with different types of tomatoes until you find one you like.
Bigal