Old 15-04-2003, 09:44 PM
bnd777

Default in defense of leylandi

Thoroughly agree that noisy nosey neighbours are a pain in the butt
Tragedy is that nice neighbours can be reduced to utter despair by the hell
these trees create especially if their owner refuses to maintain them on all
sides

If you saw the state of my boundary and constant mess on my garden created
by 56 of the blighters you would understand the other side of the coin

"hayley" wrote in message
I'm sure that I'm the only person who thinks this but if you have "problem
neighbours" (i.e. noise, peering over fence etc) and you want to fix it
quickly then Leylandi seem ideal. We planted a hedge to screen noisy
neighbours, we planted relatively mature trees (about 7 foot and v bushy).
Problem was reduced right away, and now (2 yrs on) is just about

completely
solved. In an ideal world I'd plant something slower growing but we were
desperate right away and did not want to lose one or two seasons use of

our
garden whilst we waited for something to grow. I agree that the trees can
get out of hand but if you cut them twice a year religiously then they do
the job. I agree that inappropriate hedges can make people's lives hell

but
so can noisy, nosey neighbours
Hayley