Old 24-06-2009, 04:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes June Hughes is offline

Default plastic plant pots - surplus

I have just thought of an idea for all those plastic plant pots we were
discussing recently. I have bought several huge plant pots (about 30"
high) and have made drainage holes in the bottom. If you put the black
plastic pots you don't want in twos (for stability), upside down in the
bottom of the container, perhaps they will serve for drainage. I
normally use crocks, so unless the compost squashes the pots flat, it
should be OK and the drainage should be good, as all the small pots have
small drainage holes in the bottom. It takes about 12 small pots to do
each large one. It may be a duff idea but I shall let you know how it
goes. They may require surrounding with gravel for extra drainage?
--
June Hughes