Old 25-06-2009, 08:36 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
jimnginger jimnginger is offline

Default Carrots

I have found that in my warm climate that I have the best luck if I
cover my carrot seeds checking carefully ever day at the edge to see
if sprouting has occurred. The best cover material for me a
1. Burlap - old fashioned potato sack material.
2. If not burlap, about 4 thicknesses of newspaper

Keep either of these wet until seeds sprout. Either one will keep the
soil moist and the cover will keep the seeds from being disrupted
during watering.

Hope this works for you.
Regards Jim in So. Calif.