Old 25-06-2009, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue[_3_] Sue[_3_] is offline

Default Pretty little beggars, aren't they?

"beccabunga" wrote
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹;852870 Wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/muuykv
They don't seem to do much harm to my Lilies here in Sarf Wales.

Don't kid yourself. They can decimate lilies. Destroy them - and also
the pupae which are disgusting little faeces-covered grubs on the
stems.

Too true. An old cottage garden near where I live used to have a
beautiful stand of Madonna lilies every year - until the advent of the
dreaded red scourge in recent years. The lilies all died out before the
owner realised what was doing the damage.

--
Sue