Old 25-06-2009, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
wafflycat wafflycat is offline

Default Lavatera - stunning one year...dead the next. Any ideas?

"Bertie Doe" wrote in message

In message

snip
Lavateras, especially 'Rosea' and 'Barnsley', are easily propagated from
cuttings, so you can always have replacement plants available if you have
somewhere to overwinter them.

Stewart Robert Hinsley

When would be the best time of year to take cuttings, to plant in a
coldframe.
Thanks.
Bertie

With Lavertera, I've just cut growth off and stuck it in a pot and hey
presto, it grows. I've never had to do anything more than that as it seems
so keen to develop roots and grow on.