Old 26-06-2009, 02:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jon[_10_] Jon[_10_] is offline

Default Rose - Cardinel de Richelieu

"Jon" wrote in message

I have two of the above roses that I purchased recently. I planted into
large pots to the depth there were in their pots with a small handful of
blood,fish and bone. I have also fed them with diluted liquid tomato feed
but I have noticed that the flower buds have started to droop over and the
stem behind the bud has thinned and turned brown, and the buds have died
off. I have cut the roses back and have continued watering and feeding
them as advised by the garden centre I purchased them from. Has anyone
heard of this before and what is it called? I have learned that these old
roses only flower once a year, so have given up hope for any more blooms
this year. Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks