Old 26-06-2009, 08:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gopher Gopher is offline

Default Rain!

In message , Bob Hobden
writes

"David in Normandy" wrote ...
I've spent all afternoon watering the vegetable garden. Weather forecast
said "possibility of light rain this evening", so I thought I'd better
water it since the ground was bone dry. I'd just finished when a big black
cloud came over and dropped an inch of rain over twenty minutes
accompanied with enough sparks in the sky to run a power station. Such is
life. I've never seen it rain so hard. It has even washed a rut in my
gravel drive which became a temporary stream.

We have just had a few minutes light rain this morning, enough to just lay
the dust and damp the stray cat that lives under our bbq and now the sun is
out again. So it's watering as usual today.

Go West young man! Plenty here.
--
Gopher .... I know my place!
Deepest Dorset