Old 15-04-2003, 10:56 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Attending Conventions

So Jim... even if you let new people in to these events for

free.... the
sticker shock would kill them. Hey, maybe I'm just cheap.....

or maybe our
love, Bonsai, is not a inexpensive undertaking. I know there

are ways of
doing it on the low end but going to a show and seeing trees

going for from
several hundred to several thousands of dollars can put off

someone if they
are on the fence. Yes, those trees were worth every penny and

then some...
but to a rank newbie?

Don't worry about the 5 Bucks!

Ummm, _I_ am not worrying about the $5.

However, if Joe Lunchbucket (to use one of the more unflattering
references to the "public" used by news-people) is wondering if
HE might want to try his (or her, if it is Josephine Lunchbucket)
hand at bonsai, a fee to take a look at the really nice trees
that might convince him seems a bit tacky to me.

I'm glad to hear that no one was standing at the gate enforcing
the fee.

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --