Old 28-06-2009, 03:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Volunteer Flower I.D.

"D. Arlington" wrote in message
"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
Jeff wrote:

This makes me wonder how much moisture Valerian must take.

It thrives on neglect and doesn't need watering.

Not true. It dies here in TN unless heavily watered. It's no heat lover
either.

??????? Are we talking about the same plant?

If it's common Valerian then it has no problems with heat at all. I never,
ever water my plants that grow in the gravel drive and we have had drought
for a long time. I live in a dry climate and rainfall the last few years
would be about 24 inches at its highest and even less for those poor plants
which are under the lee of the carport.

Is TN humid and could humidity be what you mean by 'heat'?