Old 28-06-2009, 06:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default Pesticide foodstuff database

In article ss,
"gunner" wrote:

"Wilson" wrote in message
sometime in the recent past gunner posted this:
and Wilson retorted with :

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,But since we do not know what dictionary you used, as my old
instructor
liked to say, "it don't count for a hill of beans" .

Okay. I'll nibble a bit more, but I am amazed at the quantity of points
you're willing to throw at a small point. For the record, in this
instance, 'my dictionary' was
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=citations. However, if I go to my
hard copy Websters Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary, copyright 1988, pg.
243, 'ci-ta-tion 2 a: an act of quoting, b: excerpt, quote.'

My point exactly Mr. Wilson, a citation is a quote, not a reference. You
cite facts, events, etc, in a writing but If you are quoting a paper or a
book, you don't need to be writing , you are plagiarizing,

Good god man, you must be dummer than dirt.
cite |s?t|
verb [ trans. ] (often be cited)
1 quote (a passage, book, or author) as evidence for or justification of
an argument or statement, esp. in a scholarly work.
€ mention as an example : medics have been cited as a key example of a
modern breed of technical expert.
€ Law adduce a former tried case as a guide to deciding a comparable
case or in support of an argument.

So says the dictionary that came with my Mac.

or
(n) citation, cite, acknowledgment, credit, reference, mention,
quotation (a short note recognizing a source of information or of a
quoted passage)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=cite

Do you not understand English, gunny? What is your native tongue?

Good enough for me. Your argument attempts to draw the observers
attention to the minutiae so that you don't have to deal with the facts.
If you are to impress me, then try to at least do a bit of spell checking.
My spell checkers just about crapped it's pants on this post alone.

ahh this was a bit confusing at first, MS OS yes? yea it doesn't like
colloquialism or street slang. I'm not changing except when I am writing for
a professinal audience

Yeah, they wouldn't let you get away with that crap.
but if that is all ya got I am good with that,

Well, I guess you'll shortly be speaking to yourself then gunny.
Mr. Wilson!

The rest of your argument is more than I want to get into. It was your nit
picking that made me rise to your bait. You enjoy to much listening to
yourself, so I leave you to your pleasure.

Suffice it to say, you ain"t got nothing of substance?
Good. I have always found when you put your nose into a fight that wasn't
yours, regardless of intentions, you have a good chance of getting it
smacked.

Brave words, gunny, but just words. Wilson simply sees what the rest of
us see, a clever, self absorbed, narcissistic, bag of wind (gave you the
benefit of the doubt there).
--

- Billy

learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and
find out for themselves.
Will Rogers

http://green-house.tv/video/the-spring-garden-tour
http://www.tomdispatch.com/p/zinn