Old 29-06-2009, 02:46 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Default New to Roses

Spectracide or like bug spray that the plants absorb - watering and rain
won't wash off. The roses will replace the bad leaves. Best to do it before
much growth in the spring. I have to do it myself - put it off due to storm
issues and business customer needs.

Martin

JDS wrote:
I have what I think to be a climbing rose. In the last 3 years (how long
I've been here!) I've put a trellis behind in year 1 with plant being small
and no flowers. Last year a new growth emerged and I read somewhere to
weave the new growth horizontally in the trellis. I did that, and this year
I got lottsa roses. Very nice.

But, now I see lottsa holes in the leaves and also, I'm kinda lost as to
what to do next to keep in growing and producing.

can you help me please? Thanks.